Sunday, March 29, 2009

LIFES' EMBARRASSING MOMENTS

     I wake up to a beautiful spring day, the end of march, wondering what the day has in store for me. I look out the window to beautiful sunny skies and a high of 55 degrees, which is extremely good for Nebraska this time of year. I decide I will get showered and take a walk to look for some place nice to have lunch. I decide to partake in nourishment at Perkins "FAMILY" restaurant. Let me reiterate FAMILY. There are families coming in with there small children after church.   
     I have on the usual Truck driver attire, blue jeans and a nice pullover shirt. I walk inside to a packed house. People standing and waiting to be seated. I am being jovial and making the usual gestures such as good afternoon and how are you today. People are looking around at what's going on, taking in everything. I finally am seated and order a healthy meal of broiled Tilapia and shrimp on a bed of rice with buttered Broccoli and dinner roll with a glass of water.
     I am finishing one of the best meals I have had in the last month. I am getting up to leave just to realize at that moment that I have walked from the hotel, partaken in a grand meal, in a restaurant full of adults and children, all the while with my fly down.
     DEFINITELY ONE OF LIFES MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENTS.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe that was why everyone was so friendly. They thought you were part of the meal......the weeeny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you gone to see my blog? Bobbiesnotes-family & friends.

    ReplyDelete