Friday, March 20, 2009

COUNTING THE DAYS

     It has been 18 days since I left the house on this extensive road trip. It seems like months. If it wasn't for the internet keeping me in touch with all my friends and loved ones, I would probably lose my mind. I still have about another 19 days before I go home again. This is a couple weeks longer then I usually stay out, but am doing this extra time so I can be home for Debbie's birthday. I am going to wine and dine her the entire weekend as our anniversary is the 2nd and I will miss that. I am going to make it a great weekend for her.
     It is very slow out here again. I got empty at 11 am this morning and dispatch said it would be saturday or sunday before they had enough freight for all the trucks sitting in this area. There are 8 of our trucks sitting here in this truck stop. I hope it picks up shortly. It is costing more money to be out here on the road then most of us are making. It is expensive eating out 3 times a day.
     I have been on the internet for approximately 10 hrs now and have caught up on everything that I could do on here. It is getting boring so I need to get off here for the evening and give it a break. You can bet that I will be back online first thing in the morning. It definitely makes the day go by a whole lot quicker.
      Until tomorrow, may the evening bring you all joy and happiness as the weekend is finally upon us. hoorah.

No comments:

Post a Comment