Thursday, March 5, 2009

MY FIRST BLOG ENTRY

I am sitting in Atalissa, IA. forming this blog per Becky's request. It is 10:35 PM and what a beautiful March evening.  As always, my thoughts are of my wife and kids. It is so hard being apart from them for so long. It gets very lonely traveling and being so far away from family and friends. We do what we must to provide for our loved ones. Just knowing that I have such a loving wife waiting patiently for my return makes it all worth while. Debbie has been putting up with me being gone for almost 32 years and she never complains. Maybe that's just because I am not around to hear it. Getting this computer was the best thing I have done in a long time. It really keeps me occupied when I have down time out here on the road. I have plenty of time to think about my daughters and grandchildren. I am able to skype  with them and see them while I am out here and it makes it seem like they are sitting in the same room. Technology is amazing. I don't know how I survived without a cell phone and computer. They sure help me keep in touch with everyone

3 comments:

  1. Don't forget the wireless AT&T internet!! You would REALLY be useless without that. And at times you were when the truck stops or businesses did not have wi-fi. Now you are IN BUSINESS! :)

    You can write about crazy things you see while you're on the road. Become the first trucker blogger. Let it all out! Tell the world stories about what you've encountered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Becky. I did forget the AT&T wireless which is making it possible for me to be posting this blog. Yes, I am in business now. I need my daughter to keep things straight. I don't want to forget the invent of digital camera's. I have that also ( and if I can figure it all out) maybe provide some interesting pictures as something is always happening out here on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just make sure you keep your hands at 10 and 2 while driving at ALL times. Practice what you preach there Diver's Ed Daddy. lol

    ReplyDelete