Friday, July 13, 2012

CHILDHOOD MEMORIES II

My Sis wants more memories. Well we could start back around 1953 or 54. I was to young to remember, but I still have headaches from you breaking a purex bottle over my head. Wow, detergent and bleach actually came in glass bottles. I don't hold that against you even though it probably lowered my IQ by 20, 30 points. We could go to 59 or 60 when we lived in Delmar Trailer Park and we would play hide and seek. Mom would always help me find neat places to hide. How many places could there be in an 8x42 trailer, but Mom found great places like putting me in the oven or putting me in the overhead cabinets. I remember that so well. Oh and yes, who could forget our dog Spot and the time a Boxer jumped over our fence and attacked Spot who was leashed inside our fenced yard. We also had a Persian Cat at the same time named Sweetie. Mom worked at People's Drug Store. We used to walk there when she was working and would get something to Drink at the fountain. Drug store's had fountains. I know some of you remember that. We would get lime or orange sherbet. Yes sherbet was very popular then. I will stop for now. I am using all my memories in this one blog.  How many years can I talk about. I can't remember when I was to young and you got married when I was eleven for cryin out loud.  I love you big sis. I hope and pray I can get Lois to join in on this family site but I have my doubts. You both have one thing in common. You are both Stubborn. You will both deny it because you are to stubborn to admit it. I love you both. Until later.


Harold

2 comments:

  1. Cousin Harold you are hysterically funnee!!!
    You can lay-down some information with less words than i could i tell you that!! I do hope your baby sister joins in as well in the family archives blogs.... it would be a treat!
    When i met your sister Bobbie in Florida back in Febuary i already loved her with all my heart and there we were together... i couldn't believe it!! What a treat it was for me! Though i wish you could have been free that weekend as well i tell you that family is family and in my world this love is there no matter the years, distance or lifestyles! I love yahh to pieces my cousin and i thank you for including me in here!
    let the stories flow!!
    love it love it love it!!
    Cousin Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will admit I can be stubborn but as I get older I have learned to bend a lot. I would love to have Lois joint this blog too. I am sure you have more memories than you think. Maybe mom putting you in the oven should have told you something. I'm surprised you didn't get a hint at that. She was thinking of having you for dinner one night and wanted to see how daddy and I felt about it. I remember those days so clearly myself and at times would love to go back to those days. They were so carefree even though we didn't know it at the time.

    You know you don't always have to write about childhood memories. You can write about things that you and Lois did together too. I missed out on alot after I married Charles and left home. I would like to hear about that you know. Lois' life with you interests me. I love you both whether you know it or not.

    ReplyDelete