Saturday, April 11, 2009

FRUSTRATED

     I am sitting here in Lexington, NE enroute to Green River, WY. I was supposed to be home this weekend to celebrate our 32nd Anniversary, which was the 2nd and Debbie's birthday which is today. It doesn't happen to often that I don't get home for my scheduled home time, but it figures it would happen at this special time. It is frustrating and makes me feel terrible that my lovely wife is sitting at home by herself on this special day. All the kids live in other cities so there is absolutely no family with her today. She deserves better then this. I guess if I had chosen another profession this wouldn't be happening. I just want her to know how much I love and miss her and wish I could be there with her. She understands, but that still doesn't make me feel any better.
     I should be home in another couple of weeks and will make up for it then. She will just have to accept having 2 birthdays. The real one and the one we celebrate when I get home. I am going to pamper and spoil her the best I can. She deserves it. The finest restaurant, shopping, whatever her heart desires. I am going to make up for not being there.  She is my wife, my lover and most of all my best friend and that is what friends do for each other.
     I hope that all of you have a wonderful Easter weekend and be safe if you have to go out on the roads. Until next time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment