Thursday, August 16, 2012

COMPUTER HACK OR NOT

What a day. I was told yesterday, while getting technical help on a new router, that my computer had been hacked and someone was taking control of my system. They said they would fix it for 300 bucks. Well I just didn't use any online banking and turned wifi off on the iphone. I went to the Apple store today and they did a deep clean on my computer. erased everything and reinstalled to factory specs. Everything was gone so have been adding everything back on this evening. Thank goodness this blog is kept on blogspot and not my computer. I thought I had lost this for good. Most all my pictures were already backed up on a thumb drive so I think i came out of this ok. the computer is faster. Just like new. I haven't seen any of you on in a couple days so just like nothing ever happened. So I don't know if my computer was really hacked or if someone was just trying to get 300 bucks out of me but anyway, I feel better and more secure now. Until later. Hoping everyone had a great Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. I think you would know if you had been hacked, at least if you had a good security system it would have let you know if someone tried to hack you. My computer lets me know if someone tries to hack my computer and tells me to change my password to a particular program if someone tries to hack a particular program. You just need a good security program to look for hackers.

    ReplyDelete