Sunday, August 9, 2009

REFLECTIONS OF MY LIFE

    Wow. Where to start. I am sitting here in Omaha, NE, having just got my A/C fixed. Thank you Lord. Last night was a very miserable night, with the temperatures still in the 90's at 11pm and no a/c. They got it fixed first thing this morning and I am sitting here waiting out some bad storms before finishing my trip to Norfolk, NE. 125 miles up the road from Omaha. So much has been running through my mind as I listen to some great music. My whole life has been passing through my mind, from my childhood days with my parents, into the Navy, where I met my 1st wife Patricia. She was good for me as she demonstrated every attribute I did not want in a wife. That last 2 years 9 months and 21 days.  A very hard divorce. I went to Hawaii for 2 years of a 3 year tour. The Island started closing in on me and I asked to have my shore duty terminated and wanted to go back to sea, out of Norfolk, VA. Crazy you think? I think not. It was the best decision I ever made. I met this very special young lady shortly after arriving there. She was amazing. So young and vibrant. She made me feel great and added meaning to my life again. 10 short months later, I married this wonderful lady named Debbie. my life was forever changed. Only ten months into our marriage, the first of my 3 beautiful daughters was born, Mary, then came Theresa and following the rear, Rebecca. Wow, how wonderful my life has been. Me and 4 women in the house. I learned real early in my marriage to lift the seat or squat, so I just chose to Squat. It was much easier that way. Then I woke up and my babies were all grown and gone. Where did the years go. I know we had rough times, but I can't remember them hardly. Only the great times run through my head. Maybe that is God's way of helping us cope with life. Out with the bad and in with the good. Anyway you look at it, I have been blessed many times over. I have 2 wonderful son-in-laws, a wonderful future son-in-law. A beautiful grand daughter and a very handsome Grandson. What did I ever do to deserve such blessing. I must have done something right somewhere along the way.  I hope this will help let others look back at all the great moments in there lives and thank God for all the blessings in there life. We must also thank him for the trials he has put us through to make us better in the overall scheme of things. Have a wonderful day and may you all be as blessed as I have been. To all my family and friends, I love each and everyone of you. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment